Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blog assignment #1 (about me)

Most of my "film" experience consists of late night random videos with my friends where I film us being singing, talking, or just hanging out being silly. When I was younger I would also film vacations and my siblings and I , which mostly consisted of me and my brother picking on my sisters or just being weird. I have easily over 100 home videos. In this course I hope to learn more about the art of the camera different techniques and tricks. I also would like to learn more about sound and editing to make my videos more Interesting to watch. In 10 years I will be 35 (wow) and I hope to be well into a career in film, maybe working on a big motion picture, or even traveling around the world capturing life on film. Currently I am not completely sure what part of the film industry I would really like to be in, but i do know that animation, cinematography, and sound are my top choices. Something unique about me as far as my school life goes, I own a house two hours away which I travel to on the weekends for work and up keep. As I go deeper into my journey as a film student I will need to figure out how to stay in Wilmington longer than just Monday thru Thursday. I currently have an apartment off campus, but it is hard having a mortgage and rent due every month but I manage alright. I am hoping to rent out most of my house in order to cover my mortgage, so i will not have that expense anymore. Overall I am very excited about this course and can't wait to really get into it and strengthen my skills as a filmmaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment