Sunday, November 3, 2013

Self portrait

For my self portrait I will be really putting myself out there and showing who I am as a person that struggles with social situations and a brain that can never focus on one thing and never stops. My idea for this is as follows:

I start by waking up alone in my apartment then leaving my apartment and getting lost in some sort of crowd or sea of people. I will then show a close up of myself looking scared and sweating as I look around intensely. Then I will show a montage of "thoughts" with a lot of voice overs over one another showing how my brain works in these situations. Then my thoughts are quickly interrupted by someone saying hello to me. I then say nothing but hello back, with a nervous tone, the person then looks at me and then walks away with a look like ok??? Then it will fade into a party in which I am drunk and I will have a montage of me being social and outgoing and the person that I truly enjoy being but struggle to be when sober. The ending will be me waking up after a morning of partying to show this vicious cycle. I will probably title it Outgoing Introvert.

My concerns are just about the crowd scene I'm not sure how I will achieve what I envision for this scene without a ton of talent although I have thought about animating that part. My plan to challenge myself will be the fact that I will be acting in it. I have never done any acting but I really want to do this I think it will be a nice outlet for me.


I want to add that I just read some other peoples ideas and I think this is an amazing project not only did I begin to discover film as an outlet but I also realized that I have a lot in common with you people as far as this thing called a brain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment